Envious of women with long hair that seems to go on forever? Well, you can grow your hair just like those women with a little extra time and dedication. Just follow these 5 tips and you will be on your way to having long beautiful hair.
Note: If your hair is thinning or falling out you may have a medical problem. Go to your doctor and get to the root of the problem (pun intended). He or she will be able to solve your medical issue!
- Use oil! You are not a machine but your hair will need oiling to help it get the nutrients it needs to be strong. Oiling helps bring life back to those dry dead shafts of hair that you hate so much and seals in moisture. Just massage a little hot oil, with herb additives, into your hair and it will do wonders. If it’s too heavy you can wash the oil out in two hours. This also makes for a great pre-shampoo routine.
- Conditioner is essential if you want your hair to be strong enough to grow long. A good conditioner will protect your hair from dirt and pollution while locking in the needed moisture. Some people recommend that you skip those store-bought conditioners and make your own. The choice is up to you.
- Don’t brush wet hair. Your hair is not Hercules and cannot handle rough treatment so dry your hair using a soft towel and then wait until it dries before brushing it with a comb or hairbrush. This is important to remember as wet hair stretches and breaks far easier than dry hair so if you want to get those tangles out, simply use your fingers. It is not a crime.
- Use a wide tooth comb instead of a narrow one. This will help prevent the comb from pulling your hair out when it reaches a tangle. Also, start from the bottom and work your way up. That way you will pull less hair out of your scalp. If you want beautiful, long hair then you need to take care of it and detangle often. This will help you retain the inches you grow.
- Protect your hair and stop abusing it with heat styling tools like hair dryers or flat irons. We know it is easier to style your hair with these tools but you are undermining your goal if you overuse these items. Heat and styling chemicals damage your hair so be careful and do not rely on these products to achieve your goal of having long, beautiful hair.
A Bonus Tip: Find those hair care products that have vitamin E as an ingredient. This vitamin is great for nourishing and strengthening hair. You can even mix a little with coconut oil and massage it into your scalp. Remember the natural way is usually the best way.
A Few Final Words on hair care. Achieving long, beautiful hair will not happen overnight. You need to be patient and take care of your hair like you would anything else. A word to the wise- there are many tips out there that will tell you that they will produce long and beautiful hair but be careful. Not every head of hair is the same and some tips may be better suited for those varieties that do not match yours. Pick the tips that are best for your hair type and soon you will be the envy of the rest of the women.