Please join us for our 2nd Annual “Italian Cultural Day” at City Hall!
An opportunity to learn more about the wonderful Italian Culture, network with friends and community leaders, and just simply enjoy the warmth of Rochester’s vibrant Italian-Amercian community at City Hall!
Presented by the Little Italy Association; the City of Rochester, NY; Casa Italiana at Nazareth College; and the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Italian Program.
Note: Donations received at or for this event by the Little Italy Association, will be donated to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, to be shared equally among disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico, Texas, Florida, Mexico, the Caribbean Islands and Italy.
Donate online: www.LittleItalyROC.com or via Facebook: @LittleItalyROC
Thank you! — Grazie!
11:30am – NOON
Introduction & American and Italian National Anthems
(1-2 minutes for each speaker below)
1. Silvano D. Orsi – Chairman, Little Italy Association, Inc.
2. Mayor Lovely Warren – Mayor, City of Rochester, NY
3. Dolores Alfieri – Director of Italian American Affairs, Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo (tentative)
4. Elisabetta Sanino D’Amanda, PhD – Italian Program Coordinator at RIT & Professor of Italian
5. Maria Vitti Alexander, PhD – Director, Casa Italiana at Nazareth College & Professor of Italian
6. Senator Joseph Robach – NY State Senator, 56th District
7. Senator Rich Funke – NYState Senator, 55th District
8. Hon. Adam Bello – Monroe County Clerk
9. Hon. Adam McFadden (South District) – Rochester City Council Member
10. Hon. Elaine Spaull (East District) & Hon. Molly Clifford (NW District) – Rochester City Council Members
11. Chief Michael Ciminell – Chief of Police, RPD
12. Chief Richard Tantalo – Chief of Police, Irondequoit
13. Hon. Sandra Frankel – Former Supervisor, Brighton
14. David and Wendy Dworkin – Owners, Rochester Rhinos and Capelli Sports Stadium
15. Larry Francer – Director of Preservation at the Landmark Society of Western New York
16. Pamela Davis – Public Relations Representative, Lyell-Otis Neighborhood Association, Inc.
NOON – 1:00PM
Traditional Tarantella Dance! (Led by RIT & Nazareth students)
FREE LUNCH! (while supplies last)
Featuring :Tony D’s Sunday Sauce Pasta, and Green and Beans; DiPaolo Bakery Bread; Italian Cake by Sicilian Chef “Mr. Cookies”; and Espresso by Flat Iron Café!